The ULA 2013 Conference is going to be held at the Utah Valley Convention Center, from May 1 - 3, 2013.
Audra Caplan and Jo Pinder: Succession Planning and Leadership Development
Nationwide we are facing many of the same issues, including the graying of our profession. Many of our current leaders on the job and in our associations are retiring or looking to retire in the next five years. This trend magnifies the importance of succession planning. This workshop will cover:
· Why succession planning is important.
· What exactly is succession planning?
· Leadership’s responsibility for providing a succession plan
· Various components of succession planning including mentoring.
· Local models and lessons learned.
Presenters: Audra Caplan is President of the Public Library Association and recently retired as Director of Maryland’s Harford County Public Library. Jo Pinder is Assistant Director for Support Services at the Baltimore County Public Library. She was previously Director of Gwinnett County (GA) Public Library and is a past-president of both the Public Library Association and Maryland Library Association.